Telephone: +44 (0)560 368 4252    Mobile +44 (0)7508 107643
Achray House in olden days
 
Welcome
Tariff
Special Offers
Weddings
Exclusive Use
Local History
The House
Reviews
Gallery
FAQ's
Going Green

The original name of Achray House is lost in time, but soon after it was built, it was named Victoria Cottage, in honour of Queen Victoria, who commented on its attractiveness when passing through St Fillans on one of her frequent trips to the Scottish Highlands. The picture above was taken some time before 1895, when the central staircase in the house collapsed, and the main section of the house was re-built to create what is the core of the hotel today.

Early in the 20th century Achray House became a guest house, and one of our current guests remembers relations of hers coming to stay for a summer holiday from Crieff (12 miles away) and bringing their cow with them.

The 19th century building was extended in the 1990's with the addition of five bedrooms, and the conservatory restaurant was added just before the turn of the century. The self catering lodges were built soon afterwards.

Today Achray House offers a comfortable mix of Victorian charm and modern comforts, with fine views over Loch Earn and the hills beyond, which still look as Queen Victoria would have seen them.

 




Special Offers